Everett A Warren
Proven ability to design, build, and maintain complex client-driven software systems and applications that meet and exceed customer expectations. Early independent signatory of The Manifesto for Agile Software Development.
- Shareholder Communications division, Data Team, providing solution maintenance technical support, report generation/monitor support, and data management support.
- SQL Server, data conversion and manipulation. VB, C#, T-SQL, scripting languages ~ troubleshooting and problem solving. Database design, interface design.
- Developed, maintained procedures and scripts for processing customer data for 10+ clients, increasing accuracy, reducing time on each step from 2-8 hours down to under 15-30 minutes.
- Designed client-specific scripts in flexible and open manner, which aided in on-boarding new clients and standardized existing clients, saving hundreds of hours in development time.
- Provided testing, design on major re-writes of NextGen2.0 and WorkingDatabase2.0.
- Involved heavily in early stages of ongoing design and development of Optimizer2.0.
- Subject Matter Expert in WorkingDatabase2.0, SharePoint Admin, and Postal Regulations.
- Designed, implemented replacement for Production Grid, migrating from time-intensive spreadsheet to app/database solution; coordinated database design with front-end coder teammate; led division-wide with internal end-users and stakeholders.
- Refactored multi-layered invoice generation process, including adding extensive tests to capture data errors and omissions repeated every cycle, reducing process from average run time of 40 hours to run time of less than 4 hours.
- Developed Audit/Samples Engine, replacing 12+ Samples Reports with highly configurable system allowing internal auditing of processes, comparing same datasets at different points in time; one code base achieved management/team goal for audit process, met management request for samples for 10+ clients lacking Samples Reports.
- Designed, developed, and presented to staff a 3-level, 4-class course "LinkedIn for the Job Search" for the Job Search Center at PA CareerLink of Lancaster County.
- Migrated undocumented custom Woocommerce 1.5.8 code to 2.0 and consulted on Woocommerce UPS Shipping plugins.
- Developed an audio visualizer app for Android, iOS, & desktop as well as 4 web-based business logic calculators.
- Streamlined workflow with custom forms.
- Designed, implemented, and wrote instruction sets for combinatorial board games.
- Created logos and related artwork.
- Wrote advertising copy, instructional materials, and other business writing.
- Developed, maintained company website, managed social media presence.
- Design, build in physical medium, specializing in native plants, natural solutions.
- Management, operation all aspects for business, leading crew of 3-6.
- Presented talks on composting, native plants, invasive plants, natural garden design, permaculture, at Marietta, Bath farmer's markets, Moravian Book Shop Bethlehem PA, Edge of the Woods Nursery Orefield PA.
- Trained, led groups of adult/student volunteers on planting forbs in grasslands habitat for scientific research at Lehigh Gap Nature Center.
- Interviewed, featured in numerous industry publications, speaking on snow removal, heavy equipment, safety, native plants.
- Developed and maintained enterprise-level applications for character-based terminals, GUI clients, and web applications.
- Provided design analysis and design review. Composed SQL test administered to new staff.
- Led internal education efforts for programming staff on database design, SQL, programming, and agile methodologies through classroom instruction, group workshops, programming standards, cross-division library coding and API, and open source intranet platform.
- Worked extensively with clients in specification of custom and state-reporting software.
- Headed company-wide initiative to increase usability, moving from character to graphical user interface.
- Presented numerous product overviews, application training courses, joint application development sessions, programming workshops, and client conference sessions for groups of 5 programmers to over 50 IT professionals.
- Automated Level III software installation across all 3 areas of company's OPEN SERIES product line, saving hundreds of programmer hours, making possible level II support micro-releases of bug fixes and regularly scheduled major releases of all software packages
Operating Systems: Linux, Mac OS classic to OS X, Microsoft DOS, UNIX (AIX, BSD, Digital Unix, HP-UX, Solaris, SCO, Unixware, Xenix), Windows 3.1 to XP
Cappuccino Web Framework,
Databases: Access, Caché, Informix, MySQL, MySQLWorkbench, Oracle, SQL-Server
Eclipse (Scala, Android),
Source Control: CVS, Git, PVCS, Visual SourceSafe
Strata Design 3D,
ARTICLES AND MEDIA APPEARANCES
Snow and Ice Solutions, Total Landscape Care magazine, November 2011
Carbon County landscaping business moves here, Lancaster Online, June 28, 2011
Main Street Flower Planters, Mount Joy Chamber of Commerce newsletter, June 2011
Grand opening held for visitor-education building at the Lehigh Gap Nature Center, Times News, July 23, 2010
Chippers Off the Old Block, Irrigation & Green Industry magazine, July 13, 2010
The Need for Natives, Turf Magazine, February 2010
article on edible woodland plants, Times News, June 2009
Safety First, Lawn and Landscape magazine, February 2008
If you would like to feature or interview Everett A Warren, please use the Contact page to express your interest!
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND VOLUNTEER SERVICE
The Reactive Manifesto, independent signatory
Central PA Web Developers, member
Harrisburg Ruby Group, member
Lancaster WordPress, member
Harrisburg WordPress User Group, member
Central Pennsylvania Adobe User Group, member
The Manifesto of Software Craftsmanship, independent signatory
Central Pennsylvania Freelancers, member
Main Street Mount Joy, design committee
Humane League of Lancaster County, GME business sponsor
Project Evergreen Snowcare for Troops, volunteer
Wolf Sanctuary of Pennsylvania, volunteer
Ecological Landscaping Association, member
Pennsylvania Landscape & Nursery Association, member
Carbon County Chamber of Commerce, member
Sustainable Business Network of the Greater Lehigh Valley, member
International Society of Arboriculture, member, Penn-Del Chapter
Society of Commercial Aboriculture, member
Lehigh Gap Nature Center, volunteer
Nature Conservancy, volunteer
The Manifesto of Agile Software Development, independent signatory
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Statement of Achievement, with Distinction: Functional Programming Principles in Scala, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
Statement of Achievement, with Distinction: Introduction to Systematic Program Design, The University of British Columbia
Statement of Achievement, with Distinction: Creative Programming for Digital Media & Mobile Apps, University of London International Programmes
Software Development Best Practices Conference, Boston MA
Informix Certified Professional
First Line Supervision, Northampton Area Community College, Bethlehem, PA
Visual Basic, Microsoft, Bethlehem, PA
Electronics Technician Training Program, RETS Electronic Schools, Boston MA
Berklee College of Music, Boston MA
Vocational Certificate: Computer Programming, Minuteman Tech, Lexington MA
- Outstanding computer programming student
Diploma: Minuteman Tech, Lexington MA
- Cadet Commander of 801st AFJROTC
References Available Upon Request